Saturday 15 June 2013

Shopping Tips - Sale Season


This week in London the Summer Sale season has begun. I went out to buy coveted items I have been eyeing all season on Wednesday - Friday (before and after work). After going out and about I learned a few tricks.

1. When you buy items from stores: i.e.: MiuMiu, Topshop, Jimmy Choo and Liberty, join their mailing list and points programs, that way you always know when sales are going to begin. I wanted these Carven Heels for ages but as you all know I rarely pay full price for designer items especially if I have the inkling that they will go on sale.

2. Always go to the sales on the first day AND early in the morning. Change your schedule for work or take the day off...if you can.

3. Don't buy just because it's on sale. The items that I have bought thus far are items I already wanted all season and knew would go on sale so I didn't buy them full price. I almost wasted £700 on a pair of prada shoes and a bag, when in the end I didn't really want it as they were impulse buys.

4. The Trickle effect, once one store goes on sale all others will follow. Thus if you know the Harrod's sale is starting on the 14th be rest assured Selfridges, and Harvey Nichols are as well. Not to mention Barney's, Neiman's and Saks in the states.

5. Have a budget, say I am going to spend only £200, £500, or £1,000 this sale season and DO NOT exceed it. That way you will make better informed purchases.

6. Check online and BOOKMARK. I have big feet I wear a 8/41 so often times my size is the first to go even BEFORE the sale, so I bookmark sites of the shoes I want in my size thus when the sale season starts I buy it immediately.

7. Last but not least always go to the sales on the first day and during the last 2-3 days of the sale. In the beginning you go early to see if your size is available to buy the items you have been coveting all season. You go during the last few days of the sale because this is when things become dirt cheap. For example there was a pair of Marc Jacobs flats that went for a mere £60 almost 70% off the original price during the last days of the Winter 2012 sales.

 So far I have been focusing on shoes today I will go to COS and & Other Stores to check out some apparel. I hope these tips will help you and tell me what you've bought thus far during the sale season!

2 comments:

Ms zee said...

Amen :) thank you soo much, ended up getting Prada on Neiman Marcus and 2 other pairs from Yoox :). Off to the etsy store now, I am back from Holiday.

Omo

Unknown said...

Bookmarking my size for shoes is a great idea! Thanks