Wednesday 29 October 2014

Uniformed Dressing

With each season that passes, my style has pretty much remained the same. The only difference is, I spend more on quality items here and there and don't splurge on 'bargains' any more... (as much *smile*). Blazers, a blouse, cropped trousers and flats have been my uniform, especially in the fall for almost 6+ years now.

There is just something smart, chic and simple about the ensemble, that for whatever reason never gets old to me, it is my go to Uniform. I am that lady that owns probably 25+ pairs of cropped trousers and 8 - 10 pairs of Salvatore Ferragamo's and Chanel Ballet Flats ... because they work for me. If it ain't broken don't fix it right?
 Outfit Details:
Zara Long Sleeved Blouse 
Vintage M&S Sweater 
Banana Republic Martin Trousers
Salvatore Ferragamo Blue Patent Varina's 

Always wear what you feel comfortable in, invest in pieces that work for your account balance, your style and your shape. Don't follow trends, pick out items each season that embrace your style and make them staples in your wardrobe. I've learned that most of the clothing I am selling at flea markets or via ebay to reduce the ridiculous clutter in my closet, are pieces I bought when I was still discovering my style or impulse buys. Most items that I have bought in the last 1-2 years, have remained in my wardrobe because they were planned purchases or items that are inline with my current style.

So what's your uniform combination? Is it an LBD with a nice coat/jacket? Jeans and a crisp white blouse, or skater dresses and blazers?

Photographer: Oluwatosin Ogunlesi  
Now Listening to: Dave Holister - 'Can't Stay'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great outfit! Lovely colors! I love!
Have a nice day!
Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr/

Chioma said...

i love your blazer! :)

Chioma
C's Evolution of Style