Tuesday 1 February 2011

Gucci 2011 - Joan Smalls


I am happy when high end fashion houses showcase black and diverse models. The Fashion industry has yet to be equally diversified. I was happy to see a black model on the first 5 pages of a recent Vogue magazine, something that is not seen very often. The Gucci Spring 2011 Campaigns have featured model Joan Smalls
and I couldn't be more happy to see this....I hope more high end designers start to diversify their models in the near future....*cough cough Karl Lagerfield!








I loved Gucci's Spring 2011 Collection. The vibrant Bold Colors. The collection was right up my alley! Besides the Spring 2011 Gucci collection what other designers have you fallen in love with? Me personally I am loving Calvin Klein, Prada, Miu Miu, Jill Sander, and Lisa by Jewels Spring 2011 Collections!!! (Prada has blown me out of the water!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I love the safari color and tassels. I did a post on their runway!
Thanks for checking the blog out, I hope to become one of your new daily reads. Make sure you follow :)

Vivi N. said...

I love me some Gucci! What a great editorial ad! The purple + red + green combo is brilliant. Haven't checked out the Spring '11 collections, yet. Probably over the weekend.

Ju'lia said...

I love the spread!!!! Thanks for posting it!!!
Love your blog!!

Nancie said...

i really loved this collection! yes its always good to see some black models esp here in Africa we get to relate better!
http://fashionablenotebook.blogspot.com

Ria said...

I'm always happy when I see a gorgeous black model as well. It's like get it girl, work. It's terrible though because I've only worked with a black model once and I didn't really like how the styling came out but it's what she wanted (I was hired) so I don't use her photo in my portfolio.

Angela said...

Magnifique!!! Tres belle collection!!!
Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr

zs closet said...

loove the colours!The third dress is stunning!!!!xxx

www.zscloset.blogspot.com