Wednesday 27 April 2011

Be Yourself




Lately I have been meeting a lot of new people and life has been taking me on a beautiful journey. I tend to try and read people (call it a gift or a fault) and I met one person in particular lately that as beautiful as she was, thought for some reason she needed to make things up about things she did or was doing to try and impress my friend and I. I couldn't help but want to tell her you don't have to fabricate stories for me to like you, nor does if I like you even matter for who am I? The only person you should care about pleasing is Yourself, and God!

Dress: Reconstructed Vintage/ Clutch: Vintage Ann Taylor/ Shoes: Nine West/ Ring: Aldo/  Watch: Movado/ Shades: F21




If there is one thing that I have learned in my short time on earth so far is that you should live to impress no one for no one else matters, don't become a people pleaser because some people will try to take advantage of that. It's okay to want to occasionally assimilate to fit into to new genres or crowds for example starting  a new career but when you loose yourself in the process, that is when things become a problem. So if there is anyone out there not living for themselves, take today to start to learn to love and be yourself for there is only one you in the world . . . Show it off! 

Photographer: Oluwatosin Ogunlesi 

29 comments:

Dominique W. said...

Aww that dress is too cute! Love the color and style! Cool match up with the clutch.

Vivi N. said...

You look great in that dress. The dress looks great on you. Whichever one. And love the shades, too.

marie said...

You're a beautiful girl. I love to meet new and interesting people, sounds really fun!xx

9jaFOODie said...

Cute Dress!

ProprPostur said...

Great colors. And indeed never go out of your way to try and impress others just be yourself and you will attract those who are genuine.

check me out at
http://www.proprpostur.com/

Ronisha said...

Thanks for your comment :) really cute blog ... lets follow each other..


xoxoxo

Andrea said...

love your dress <3

nice blog!!


http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

Simplycandycane said...

I love the message in this post!

http://simplycandycane.blogspot.com/

Kenyetta said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. i adore your style.

Jade Purple Brown said...

love the cut of this dress, you look beautiful!

jadepurplebrown.com

eusouamo said...

Love your Style missy. and the jelly sandal rework is something I'll have to do this summer.

Thoughtsofsoutherngal said...

Love the blog and the dress!

And you spoke the truth.

Unknown said...

Love the dress! It's so girly and cute<3

Unknown said...

Simply Chic. That's you right now. Lovely. The best advice anyone can give someone is to be themselves

Adiya

ronan said...

dress suits you perfectly!:) ronan x

ronanronanronan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

your man must love taking your photographs, you're a beauty!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous
love this post!

-COSMICaroline
www.COSMICaroline.com

Unknown said...

lovely dress and clutch. very pretty x

Giselle said...

great post luv this Dress and thank you for your comment on my blog post your opinion is greatly appreciated

Ag said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, and @anonymous- I hope he does *wink*

Ag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ju'lia said...

Wow classic beauty!!! I am hosting my first giveaway hope you can check it out.

http://jcatherinethoughts.blogspot.com

Oh my Dior! said...

your blog is so cool and your clutch is beautiful I want to follow you but I didn't find where!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

Chezka Cenon Li said...

I love the print of your dress, and the color of that clutch is simply gorgeous (and hard to find)

I saw one once, but I let it get away :) so more power to you

- Che -

http://www.oddcandy.blogspot.com

The Young Radicals said...

love your dress

nice write up.

theyoungradicals.blogspot.com

Zarna said...

that clutch is SO much fun! i love it!

ceecy29 said...

I love the sound of "reconstructed vintage". :)

Nekiah Torres said...

That clutch is nothing short of AMAZING!! Kiah

Emmett Katherine said...

beautiful clutch, loving the turquois in this outfit!