Friday 27 May 2011

Its Weight

So the other day I was in the station carrying my suitcases en route to my Aunt's house in West London before I came home. And some random lady called me fat, yelling, 'Move your suitcases you fat lady' being American I shouted back you saw me coming and could have gone around....she kept on shouting and I went on about my business quite thinking she's got issues. But honestly those words "Fat" struck a bone.

On the train I had on my Sunglasses and those words kept playing over and over again in my head. inevitably the tear streamed down. And starting thinking am I fat? I know I am not skinny but am I fat? So before I set off for America, I told my Aunt from Zimbabwe the story she said your not fat, don't listen to random people. Upon leaving she said, "Ag I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have put on weight" I replied thanks.

Getting home my family all concluded I had put on weight. Between University, getting older, not going to the gym frequently and eating rubbish because of exams I am even scared to weigh myself. When i got home and tried on my graduation dress from 2006 and it didn't fit properly. I knew yes Ag you've put on some Pounds...and its about to come off. Being that I am studying a field in healthcare I am not into 'Fast' diets. I am about loosing healthy weight so walking more, eating less carbs and junk (as I just ate Wendy's yesterday smh), and trying not to eat after 8 pm is my goal!!!  Definitely have to get rid of this excess weight, even my legs are less toned! And I don't want to be unhealthy. 

On another note it feels good to be home. Went shopping yesterday and if I had to choose between shopping in America or England....America would ALWAYS win!!!

Yesterday's Outfit:








Have a Great Memorial Day weekend if you're in the states!


12 comments:

Vivi N. said...

(Decided to continue here and not on Twitter. lol) I've come to realize that some people (mostly folks outside of the States) only know two words when it comes to weight: skinny and fat. If you're not skinny, you're fat. The end. Like I said, people just like to throw that word around. Just because you, yourself, have added weight doesn't mean you're fat. To me, anyway. You're not fat. But it's cool that you're trying to loose healthy weight. Lawd knows I need to do the same. LOL!

Anywho, enough with the rambling. I love the turban look on you. Have fun in the States. Hopefully, we'll meet up this time.

Ag said...

Thanks!!! I really really appreciate those words, and people don't know calling people 'Fat' can make one eat more, stop eating (which is equally worse) or depressed. sigh, too much psychology over the years. Anyway we're in this together we'll both loose healthy weight. I just want to be healthy point blank, but those words really got me! And I usually have thick skin!!!

And what do you mean?? we berra see this time oh!!! As in I am sure we'll even see this weekend will text you later on today....

Amanda said...

Hey girl, please dont listen to what random people said.. School and exams really get the best of us students.. I put on some weight too because of that...

I think that if you wanna be healthy do it because you want to..always follow what your heart tell you... PS I love your turban!

Lina Simão said...

I wnat the shoes!! X

Unknown said...

Tutt, the idea that you're 'fat' is ridiculous and it's irritating to me that some randomer said that to you... What can I say, some people are too rude.
True, being healthy should always be a goal, my diet and exercise regime could deffo do with some work.
Love how you've done your turban, I always try and fail miserably wrapping like that xx

http://zizziswardrobe.blogspot.com/

Fashion Pad said...

Girl I don't know how you looked before you may have gained some pounds but you look good to me. You're definitely NOT fat!!! I lost a lot of the weight I had gained by cutting my portions significantly. I ate what I wanted...just in strict moderation. The weight dropped off faster than any fad diet I'd ever tried. I still have a ways to go but I feel a whole lot healthier.

BTW, I need that turban you're rocking in my life ASAP!

www.fashionpad.blogspot.com

Tima said...

Youre the farthest thing from fat! That lady was bogus and is in need of prey. Shes probably walking around hating who she is and what she looks like but takes it out on anyone around her. Like I said you are not fat but I understand you have to feel comfortable in your own skin. If you want to lose weight, go for it. If you want a donut, have two. Regardless just be a happy, healthy you.

I always say Fat, Glam, & Ham.... Bacon to be exact.

Editor & Chic

anastasheeka said...

Love the turban. Dont be struck in fat word. Everybody are beautiful. Those who make the negative impression arent.

Jadore-Fashion said...

Love the turban and outfit! Never kisten to what people say...at long at you are healthy, life continues.

xoxo
Stella

www.jadore-fashion.com

Ag said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words definitely not trying to struck and taken aback by the word fat, will try to loose healthy weight and live a healthy lifestyle!!!

MONZIE AKA EUQINOM7 said...

OMG I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE FOUND THIS POST WOW I FEEL THE SAME! I HAVE PUT ON A FEW POUNDS TO IF NOT MORE AND IT HURTS TO REALLY REALISE THE ''FAT'' GAIN! I AM NOW SIGNING UP FOR THE GYM .... BECAUSE REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY SO I LIVE WITH ''ME'' FOREVER SO WHAT I THINK MATTERS MORE AND HONETY TO MYSELF DOESNT REALLY HURT IF I ACCEPT THAT CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE FOR MY HEALTH!

GOD BLESS BE HEALTHY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY GOD LOVES BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE FROM INSIDE NOT OUTSIDE!

XOXO


i invite you to visit my blog if you like:http://euqinom7.blogspot.com/

H said...

I can totally see me rocking this outfit.
Nice style