Thursday 29 March 2012

Vintage Granny


The weather in West Yorkshire continues to be so beautiful. My mother came to visit me this week and as soon as she saw me at the station she told me that my dress is too short, (trust me it wasn't) I then wore this linen Banana Republic dress and she said this one is too long! Something at the knees is fine. My Fiance then said I looked like a Granny in this Banana Republic Dress, I was like really, no I don't!?! I love this dress!



 Sunglasses: Portobello Market, Dress: Banana Republic, Shoes: Miu Miu, Clutch: Express, Necklace: F21




Honestly, I don't really go with the trends of lengths for skirts and dresses. I wear what I like. Whether it be Maxi, 'Short', or Mid Length I love them all. Everyone will always have an opinion about what you wear and how you wear something. I have opinions too! But at the end of the day dress for yourself, just look nice and well put together. Oh Lord, I am turning into my mother!! (Smile)

Photographer: Oluwatosin Ogunlesi
I-Pod Tune: That Hump- Erykah Badu

14 comments:

Nikia Jefferson said...

I adore this look. And those shoes are amazing. You can't go wrong with Miu Miu, right?

'88-91'! said...

you look amazing! Loving the sunglasses....x

Unknown said...

you look amazing!!!!! adore the heels

cherry vidal said...

wow well if you look like a granny your one stylish one! love the dress xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely...

james said...

girl, you cant please everyone! lol.. i've learned that too. my mom will think i look silly, my sisters think i look chic, and sometimes my bf thinks i look like a granny too, haha! but i think you look drop dead amaaaazing. seriously hot!


xx

Candace said...

Your fiance and my hubby are from the same planet lol they don't understand its the girl behind the clothes that makes it stylish. Love the outfit and those miu miu's... The truth! Love this

ellinelle said...

..this outfit is perfect , I think you look so super sophisticated and Chic , honestly - this is my perfect outfit - so ladylike , shoes are so feminine , I am in love :)

Following you now !

ellinelle said...

..sorry , is there any following buttons ? I love your blog !

Unknown said...

Pay no mind to ur fiance, This looks classic oh and Those Shades!!!

Fashion Pad said...

Men...*le sigh* You look GREAT!!! I love this dress and you need to pass it right along to me so your fiance will be happy, LOL!

Muse Origins said...

Like a granny? So not true oh!! I love the dress. You look great

Adiya
Muse Origins FB

Chic Therapy said...

LOVE the dress!LOVE IT!!!and those shoe, omg!They are to die for.Love, love this look...and no you don't look like a granny,Gosh, i sound like a headless chicken..

Shop With Karen Today said...

Cute sheer dress!