Wednesday 9 May 2012

French Connection

I spent one evening in NY with friends and the entire night I was surrounded by people speaking fluent French left, right, and center. It was very refreshing, I was thankful I took French in the past and it has warranted me to start brushing up on my skills.

We had dinner at a french restaurant (the name of the restaurant escapes me right now apologies) next to the Shrine in Harlem, the food and wine was marvelous. From there were tried to make the New York African Film Festival Premiere of 'Relentless' by Nigerian director Andy Amadi Okoroafor, sadly we didn't. But we made the party, and I met 1/2 of Les Nubians. Surprisingly I was not starstruck as I have been listening to Les Nubians since I was about 15 with their first album. Listening to 'Makeda' by the way NEVER gets old.

Being around positive, creative, and forward thinking individuals is always a breath of fresh air!

3 comments:

Angela said...

NIce photos!!!!!!!! Like this green jean!!!
Have a nice day!!!!
Angela Donava

Unknown said...

love your outfit. the sequins!

Chic Therapy said...

nice pics.Looks like you had fun