Wednesday 29 August 2012

Vintage Emotions

So I have been buying a couple of lovely items from Ebay lately that are labeled Vintage in their description, but low and behold when the garment, belt or jewellery arrive they aren't. For example, I bought this 'Suede' fringed jacket that indicated it was Vintage. I was EXCITED. When I received it, it was from Forever 21, side eye. Or when I search for authentic Turquoise Silver jewellery all this 'Vintage Inspired' Rubbish comes up. I get so annoyed when people use the word Vintage in Vain. If it is NOT dated before 1993 it is NOT Vintage. Forever 21, Primark and etc.. are not vintage they may be vintage inspired but definitely not vintage. The Seller had the audacity to check one of my listings and state that I was selling non vintage because it was from Urban Outfitters. I thought to myself this lady is TRIPPING. Urban Outfitters stocks vintage as does Topshop. She went on to Say Forever21 does too! You cannot imagine HOW LOUD I was laughing. Ignorance is not bliss. I cannot argue with inept individuals so I just opened a case. Sigh Vintage, Vintage, Vintage. How people use your name in VAIN! 

These days I am going to be more careful in my online purchases. I may stop all together but the number of beautiful vintage peices that I have gotten; outweigh the rubbish by far. SO if you are an avid Vintage lover like myself. Ask questions before listings ends. i.e.: the Era, the brand, where they purchased the garment from and etc... this will shed light into whether the item is actually Vintage.

Don't get me wrong, there are some lovely Vintage Inspired Jewellery and Pieces that I have seen online, but if you're saying something is Vintage, I'd like real Vintage please. Don't Play with my Vintage Emotions.

ps. I'll be adding vintage (real vintage lol) pieces to my Etsy shop this week. Click on the Shop Z+F logo to buy! Vintage pieces added regularly! 

1 comment:

Juella said...

You must be reading my mind! I had this same thought last night. The word "vintage" is so overused these days it's ridiculous!

And may I add your Z+F logo is genius! As a graphic designer, I can definitely appreciate the sheer cleverness. Just brilliant!