Monday 15 October 2012

Vintage Black America


As an avid lover of all things vintage, looking at these vintage photographs makes me appreciate the history and fashion sense of the African American Community and Black People in the Diaspora as a whole. As many sectors, seek to not glorify the good, these photos show the dignityimpeccable fashion sense, and history of  Black America. I wish could enter a time machine, going back to the 60's + 70's to experience Vintage Black America. It would have been everything I could have imagined and more. Now if only my mother would have saved more of her fabulous 70's/80's wardrobe for my sister's and I!


8 comments:

Tidy-Up Gal said...

We had (and have) such great style I tell ya!

Dascha said...

Lovely post!!

xoxo
http://www.its-dash.blogspot.nl/

Channing in The City said...

I say the same thing to my mother all the time! Why couldn't you save some of your 70s/80s wardrobe for me??

I am living for these images. So perfect. I wish people dressed like that now.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* love this post so much!

xx. Hybrid Hunter

follow each other?

Unknown said...

all of these are amaze... especailly the ones at the beach!


xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Briseidy said...

great photos! thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

like this style!
gorg photos!

Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr

FashionCherry said...

Hi Ag!

I loved this post!
the photo's are stunning, the fashion impeccable!
A gorgeous sense of history seen through fashion!

xx Tasha