Friday 31 May 2013

Work Ethic


Outfit Details: Blouse: Zara, Cropped Slacks: GAP, Leather Clutch: & Other Stories, Heels: MiuMiu + Bangles: New York.

What type of work ethic do you have? I don't like when people are hired for a particular role and do not do their job. I used to be flaky I cannot lie in my early twenties and didn't start taking responsibilities for my actions in regards to work until I worked at a Non Profit Organization in D.C. There your work ethic was very apparent, no short cuts were allowed! Lately, I have been complaining to my Mr about how some peoples work ethic just sucks for lack of better words, which has lit a flame of hard work inside of me. 

After these last several months in my place of work, I now know even more the importance of hard work, organization and structure. There comes a point when you realize less is more. I always speak my mind but I am learning in all aspects in life that you don't always have to do something over the top to be seen or heard. I now let my work speak for itself. Don't get me wrong I ALWAYS speak my mind, but after awhile once you've made your point in life their is no need to be repetitive. Diplomacy is key...

Everyone have a blessed weekend. I will be out vintage hunting....wish me luck!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. Nice post!

more-than-one-love.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

Great casual chic look, swooning over the color and that hair .... great message as well

Tidy-Up Gal said...

I WANT that envelope clutch! It's gorgeous. My motto too is to let my work speak for me. Doing that also allows me to see when my work isn't speaking well of me.

Molara Brown said...

I love your outfit, particularly the color.

As for work ethic, I make sure to follow which ever one the organization has in place. Also I avoid eating on my desk, going in late to work except in rare cases.

Tammie S. said...

Great look from head to toe! Yes I agree with being diplomatic and letting ones work speak for themselves.

Style4Curves said...

gorgeous look!

JustPorsh said...

You look gorgeous!
I absolutely love the colors of the outfit.
Fab clutch. :D
Love ur braids.

http://justporsh.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I Love this loooook! That colour suits you so well