Friday 20 September 2013

Natural Sport


I get disgusted when black women make it a point to try (yes try) to speak down on me or other natural haired women. If your perm isn't straight and you're wearing a curly weave, that doesn't match your hair texture please stop. I was born natural and I love my hair, while you unfortunately chose to look like that.

I think many need to understand that we as naturals do not think we are better (more politically aware, or etc...) than you, or at least I don't, because we wear our hair naturally. And we find it funny and quite ignorant when you call us nappy headed. Nappy is a word Jill Scott so perfectly stated that infinitesimally minded people use to describe to the natural hair state of people of color. Once I hear someone call me nappy headed I laugh because I find it humorous, especially if you have a horrible weave. 

We as black women can rock so many styles, so whether it's natural, relaxed, texturized, cornrolled, braided or in a weave, make sure it looks nice. As women let's celebrate our hair and the avid variety that we are blessed with. (I love rocking weaves and wigs as protective styles!!) For those that aren't natural please, please, do not embarrass yourself by calling us nappy headed. We know what our hair looks like and are okay wearing it in it's natural state. Calling us derogatory words reveals more about you than it does about our hair texture. Besides I am not my hair...although I must admit I think my Afro is my best accessory. 
 Outfit Grand Total:
Zara Mustard Tank on sale: £3.99
 Zara Trousers on sale £15.00
Zara Bag: £30.00 similar (here) + (here)
Gold Bangles Tie Rack on sale: £8.00 similar (here) and (here)
Ebay Vintage Elephant Belt worn as a necklace: £60.00 similar (here) and (here)
Christian Louboutin Pigalles 100: £395.00 (here) + (here)
Total: £511.99

Yup, I love my hair!
Everyone stay blessed and have a fantastic weekend, my brother is doing his white wedding in the DMV tomorrow so sad I can't make it, but I am so totally estatic!!!

Now Playing: Tank ft. Drake - 'Celebration'

15 comments:

JustBeingO said...

I love your hair!!!!!!!!! Don't mind those ppl! And I'm loving that top!

JustPorsh said...

Your hair is definitely your best accessory!
Love!
N belt as neckpiece....genuis!

http://justporsh.com

Unknown said...

well said ... fab chic look

Tammie S. said...

Envy takes different forms...Just admit you are jealous and move on...Women should celebrate each other, not put each other down...
You look fabulous! That yellow silk tank s lovely on you! It's the first thing that caught my eye!

Phoebe said...

As a matter of fact, your afro looks great.

Unknown said...

I love your hair too! But your body is an inspiration to me!

simplychic said...

lovely...you, the outfit AND the hair :)

StyleFash25 said...

You look gorgeous and mustard looks so good on you.

About your hair, i also think its your best accessory and you rock it so well and confidently.

Like i always say, people would always talk or have an opinion. Just hold your head high and keep strutting your thing. You are definitely one of my inspirations.

Well written girl.

www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Love this yellow!!! Great look!!!
Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr

StyleFash25 said...

Well said girl, Your fro rocks and you are one of my hair inspirations. People would always have their opinions. i just say, good luck to them.

The mustard color looks so nice on you. Love the whole easy comfy look.

www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

StyleFash25 said...

Well said girl, Your fro rocks and you are one of my hair inspirations. People would always have their opinions. i just say, good luck to them.

The mustard color looks so nice on you. Love the whole easy comfy look.

www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

juliette said...

Your hair always looks so lovely and adds a patina of elegance to whatever you're wearing. YES, we have to stop this mixing it up over our hair! Very well said.

Anonymous said...

That yellow tank is so lovely on you.

Chic Therapy said...

Awwww, sad that you couldnt make your bro's wedding :(. Anyways you look fab!

Anonymous said...

GORG~!!!!!~
http://ammamama.wordpress.com/