Monday 3 February 2014

Jewellers I Fancy

As I continue to learn the techniques of jewellery making in class, I appreciate the concepts, work, labour and drive that it takes to be a successful designer, much more. For class I've been researching designers and my favourite jewellery designers of the moment are Lulu Frost, Mawi, Kenneth Jay Lane and Ek Thongprasert just to name a few. Here are some of their pieces currently for sale:
Ek Throngprasert
What I love about this design duo is the use of silicone in their pieces and the dynamic designs they have created with this unconventional material!!

Navy Silicone and Cubic Zirconia Necklace (here), Navy Silicone Necklace (here), + Brookin Necklace (here). 

Kenneth Jay Lane
Has had the most exceptional animal enamel designs and opulent classic pieces that are timeless. A Kenneth Jay Lane piece in my humble opinion is a necessity in any jewellery lovers collection.

KJL Crystal Statement Necklace (here), Ram Goldtone Enameled Bangle (here),  + Noelle Dark Blue Coral Necklace (here). 

Lulu Frost
I discovered Lulu Frost several years ago when I started blogging. Her designs she states combine vintage, antique and modern elements to create timeless classics. 


Silver Tone, Crystal and Silk Necklace (here), Exclusive Crystal Necklace for Matches (here), + Silver tone and silk Necklace (here). 
Mawi
There bold statement pieces are nothing short of breathtaking. I love the use of animals, tubes, rings and embellishments in their pieces. 

Crystal Nympth Earrings (here), Purple + Blue Earrings (here), + Crystal and Spike Drop Earrings (here). 

Of all the designers, I have only been able to acquire a Mawi necklace, that I wear all the time. Their pieces to be honest aren't cheap but the quality and aesthetics of their designs are exceptional; leaving you standing out from the crowd time + time again. And that my friend is worth the money. 

Which Jewellery Designer is your favorite?

No comments: