Friday 29 August 2014

Ankara Obsession

One of my current obsessions are ankara designed/printed handbags. My friend Kunbi was rocking one this summer and I asked her where's mine?, as we often do!! I couldn't stop thinking about the fabulous bag she was rocking and taunting me with on our various summer outings (how I miss my girls!) Months later thanks to my dear friend in Nigeria I had several babies to call my own.
 Outfit Details:
American Apparel Tee Shirt (here) + cheaper option (here)
H&M Maxi Skirt (here) + similar (here)
Custom Made in Nigeria Ankara Bag
Adjustable Ring From Harlem New York similar (here)
Pearl wrap around bracelet from Aliexpress (here)
Christian Louboutin Pigalles (here) + (here) cheaper option (here)

These beauties give a pop of colour to any and every outfit, while also reminding my of my background and deep rooted culture. I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

Photographer: Femi Paosin of Paosin Photography 
Now Listening to: FKA Twigs - 'Two Weeks'

2 comments:

ismahiliya said...

i love your outfit and that bag is to die for.

Unknown said...

I fell in love with ankara bags when I was back in Nigeria as well! They're so pricey here (UK) though so I was lucky enough to bag one while out in Abuja but not as colourful as the one you have! Love this

BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com