Friday 26 September 2014

Community Service: Mini Pop Up Shop

As many of you know, I have an online Jewellery Shop via etsy where I sell custom handmade pieces by myself, statement jewellery and vintage jewellery. As much as I love my jewellery, I've wanted to start a mini pop up shop for some time. After the push from family and friends and my friend recently buying items from me...I thought I'd just do it! Thus the birth of Community Service.

'Community Service is a fashion brand that offers women a select range of unique pieces to create their own personal style. The brand's aesthetic is based on the love for African Print and the Community; by combining contemporary silhouettes, styles and trends with colourful and bold fabrics to create unique statement pieces.
All items are made in Africa (Nigeria), to sustain the African Woman and support thriving tailors in the Motherland. We believe in giving back to the community and working towards a better tomorrow.
Today, a woman with a love for fashion creates her own style and future!'
Here is how I would style the 'Tejiri Open Back Dress' this fall:
Kenneth Jay Lane Coin Choker (here), Topshop Perfect Ghillie Courts (here), Tejiri Community Service Dress (here), Topshop Lantern Jacket by Religion (here), and Fendi Mini Fendista Shoulder Bag (here).

The price range for items are from £20.00 - £60.00. This is a limited Edition Collection. I'll be having a giveaway soon from the Community Service Pop - Up shop so watch this space!!! View the entire collection (here) + (here). 

Photographer: Aghogho Ogunlesi 
Now Listening to: Nina Simone - 'Feels Good'