Monday 19 September 2011

Culture Clash

I laugh at that title because it reminds me of an Aunt that years ago was on a mission to hook me up with someone when I had finished from Howard University and was still single. She was worried and said, "don't go and be successful and unmarried like Condoleezza Rice." I laughed it off and said, "Aunty if all else fails I will go to Nigeria and hopefully I will find someone there."

She then shouted!!! "No oh! There's going to be Culture Clash. You were born and raised in America and they in Nigeria it can't work, I've seen bad results. You better just find a someone who was raised in America." I thought she can't be serious. I am currently dating a Nigerian who was born and raised in Nigeria and no reason of thinking their are so many clashes. The only thing I notice is that I sometimes break out with a D.C./Pg County slang and he looks at me like what??? lol. I even noticed most of my friends that are females are marrying men straight from Nigeria. So all you Nigerian-American, African American men, and etc.. that think your ish don't stink and are loving the large female to male ratio thus are unable to commit you better wake up. Girls are moving on! lol. 

Nonetheless whatever background you are from you can find love in any arena just be open minded. What ever background you are from, one can always make it work.  And hey 'Culture Clash' always adds spice to any relationship, it allows you to learn from others experiences. So my aunt was right maybe some of our experiences were different growing up, but also pretty much the same. You decide. 



 American Apparel Leotard. Vtg Sunglasses. Zelda+Festus Clutch. Ankara Skirt. Jeffrey Campbell Shoes



Be Open Minded, Live, Learn, and Love! Have a Blessed week!

9 comments:

mide coker said...

The clutch is soo beautiful,
and its good to know that our nigerian women are coming back to marry our men and not oyinbos lol...

Jennifer S. said...

LOVEE the outfit....cute skirt.....

jen
http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

Fashion Pad said...

Gorgeous skirt AND clutch. Love the pairing of those heels with the look....you look fab btw!

P.S. - Future pharmacists unite ;-)

Prissy said...

Amazing skirt!! Love the print. I also love your Jeffrey Campbells

Prissy

Anonymous said...

Amazing clutch AG ,love Zena

I wanna be fierce said...

I love how you paired the two prints. I need that skirt in my life.

-Shakiyla

Vivi N. said...

Really cute look. I see the Z+F clutch! Nice. Regarding the subject of this post...um, well, I can what you're saying and I can definitely see where your aunt is coming from. I'll leave at that. ;o)

S. Bella said...

lovely skirt Z

House of Brooke said...

Luv it ALL!!!