Monday 26 September 2011

CutOut Ankara


 I made a couple of pieces in Nigeria, this summer and I have been pleased with some of them, but a lot of them need amendments, annoying.com. For all of you who have tailors don't you hate when your tailors don't finish your garments in time or rush them! I have been back from Naija since August and a month and a half later they still haven't finished some of my outfits.

Next time I will source out more tailors (mind you I used 3 this time) and pay more to get my stuff done on time! I also got some Ankara shoes made! I can't wait for those to arrive! Jumps for joy! I have been addicted to Ankara since high school, and the love will never die! With designers using fabrics from the motherland more and more, who are your favorite designers using Ankara or favorite high street stores that have made African inspired pieces? 

Note: Word of Advice if you are sewing items in Nigeria ALWAYS take your own zippers to the tailor. I cannot count the number of times I have had to replace zippers on garments. 



Getting over the Flu so hopefully I'll be back at work tomorrow. Nothing like being down with the FLU! Nothing!!!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful skin! Battling acne at the moment (which you've talked about before and have now clearly overcome :-)), what do you recommend for keeping the spots away and fading dark marks?

Unknown said...

LOVE this dress, so beautiful!!

Xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

MrsWardy88 said...

Nice dress! I need to find some ankara fabric!

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll get well soon darling!
Love your dress. Super awesome

Warm Love,
Pinkie Anggia

Dominique W. said...

Wow that look amazing gurl!

http://dominiquew1985.blogspot.com/

Tierra said...

I looove this dress.. gorgeous.
Hope you're feeling better!
http://thegirlandmusic.blogspot.com

Zarna said...

loving the cut out - so simply chic!

Ola said...

Loving your blog! So glad I found it especially since you do hair posts as well :)

Ag said...

Thanks everyone for the kind compliments and get well wishes!

@Kelly- I still get spots every now and then, however, its not as bad as before. it's still apparent on certain days. I personally have been using Proactive for three years+ and its helped me drastically! However I remixed the regime a bit.

Morning: 1. wash with step on proactive
2. use 50% isopropyl rubbing alcohol mixed with 50% water as an astringent.
3. Mix step three proactive with Aveeno Radiant Face cream SPF15.

At night (honestly when I remember) I wash with proactive wash or Aveeno Clear Complexion foam face wash.

To get rid of spots I use a Qtip and a bleaching cream with 4% hydrocortisone on my spots and not the clear skin. It reduces the darkness of your spots if done daily for about 2 weeks drastically.

I tried clicking on your link to email you but it was not working so hopefully, you'll see this reply. i hope that helps and your acne clear up soon. If not I suggest seeing a GP/Doctor for further advise if you've exhausted all other arenas.

House of Brooke said...

BeaUtifUl.....
I wish I could sport this one

Candy Rain xX said...

I love the dress, It's so nice. And Really Suits you.
Your hair style looks great too (y)

Candy Rain xxr

Ag said...

@Kelly Correction A bleaching cream that I use contains hydroquinone not hydrocortisone... sorry I mixed that up. Hydrocortisone should never be used on the face unless prescribed by a GP. it does not have skin lightening elements though....Hope that helps...