Monday 16 January 2012

Shoe Discovery

Most females have loads of shoes, but I am not one that usually buys loads of shoes, or so I thought. I didn't notice it until I was at work last week and my manager jokingly said, "how many shoes do you have?" I replied, "I don't know." She then said, "You have loads because you wear a different pair everyday." I said, "Do I? Yea maybe I do." Then she said, "How many pairs of shoes have you bought since your placement started?" I said, "About ten". She smiled.

After that brief conversation I heard my fiance's voice in my head about letting go of things when you buy more so you always have space. Thus during my break I proceeded to write down all the shoes I have bought since August 2011 in the last six months...

I was shocked that I had spent SO MUCH ON SHOES!!!! But I told myself I would still only buy one more pair these studded topshop slipper loafers. That was a lie, I proceeded to buy those another pair of slipper loafers on sale and a pair of vintage navy blue leather boots in Portobello Market this weekend. Taking that list from 18 to 21. It is safe to say it's time to start curving my appetite when it comes to shoes.


Thus I have sold 14 pairs of shoes via the blog and EBAY to leave more space in my closet and may still get rid of more. I have noticed a lot those shoes were bought just because, not because I really needed them. I am trying more and more than ever to be more about what I want and need equaling quality and less about quantity.


I mean it's great to have shoes, but realistically am I going to wear every single pair all the time?!? I love shoes no doubt, but I have to start being smarter about my purchases and not buying just because I want something or they are on sale (we all do it) and buying what I really want like those plain Black Leather Salvatore Ferragamo Varina's then let go of all my other plain black flats. I love all 21 pairs of shoes I bought in the last several months. But I am sure I could have done without about ten pairs of them. Next stop downsizing the blouses...

No comments: