Saturday 28 January 2012

When People Talk


When people talk....LISTEN! People used to always tell me I have too many clothes. Didn't know if they were compliments or just observations either way...the comments went in one ear and out the other! Until my recent move, and all my belongings from my placement and what I had in storage were under ONE roof. I was not prepared for what I was about to see!

The amount of clothes that I have accumulated over the years is RIDICULOUS! Yea yea yea we all are self proclaimed fashionista's and believe the more you have, the better....rubbish! If you have clothing that you haven't worn in 2-5 years and it is not a statement or vintage piece
 GET RID OF IT!



Thus I am getting rid of more clothes. Between the blog, Ebay, and charity shops my wardrobe will be downsized significantly and weight lifted off my shoulders! I will feel sad for a few minutes but will feel happier when I am able to see all of my clothes and not search through towers of clothing just to find a pair of Seven for all Mankind Jeans! You'll see the results soon enough... 

In short, When People Talk: Listen. You may not always agree with what they say but they just might be telling you something about yourself that you didn't know. I'm glad I am finally listening!



I-Pod Playing: Erykah Badu - Other Side of the Game

6 comments:

Sincerely Mally said...

Love teh braids!!!

Dominique W. said...

I hear you gurl! I have to get rid of so many things whether I can still fit it or not. My mom gets me for that! LOL :-)

Anonymous said...

Hummmm.....girl now i am beginning to feel guilty ooo...because all my friends say that i have too many everything (clothes,bags,shoes).....hm...maybe i shoukd work on that this year....quality over quantity indeed! Hope everything i fine in your new flat.

Angela said...

Like your photos!!!!
Kiss
Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr

Fashion Pad said...

When I moved into my house, I too noticed the "personal retail store in my closet"...however, I just made it a goal to do two overhauls each year: one in the spring for fall/winter wear I hadn't worn in years, and the other in the fall, to remove those spring/summer items that no longer made any contributions to my wardrobe.

socialitedreams said...

i'm wearing a top knot bun too :D

yes, it is smart to listen especially when different people are all saying the same thing.