Wednesday 22 February 2012

MixedPrint


I love mixing prints, and have loved it for some time now. Mixing Adire with Ankara is my template for many clutches I've designed. I thought while in Nigeria last summer, why not try making an Adire low back dress and see how it comes out. The material is a bit stiffer than normal, thus a bit of room to wiggle around in was needed and the construction around the edges wasn't perfect (I blame the tailor) but all in all I liked the outcome. I am also a fan of low scoop back pieces, thus this dress is dear to my heart. 







Photographer: Oluwatosin Ogunlesi

I pod Tune: Talib Kweli & Hi-tek - 'African Dream'

12 comments:

pearlspeeptoespretty said...

I love it! It's so simple and yet very unique and classy.

7eventh Letter said...

It works!!! Looks great together! Love your Dress!!!

7eventh Letter
http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

Unknown said...

i love everything.. and your hair is awesome ^_^

socialitedreams said...

totally awesome dress!

Oluchi said...

Love the dress. You are certainly a fashonista!

Wynne Prasetyo said...

i love the dress on you!






WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

Fashion Pad said...

What a gorgeous dress!!! And you're looking so fabulous. WERK!

So proud of you! You're in the last stretch of your studies and I know you're ready! I remember that feeling and it's certainly a blessing. Praying for you :-)

Unknown said...

This dress is very nice! I like the print and the low back cut. I have a dress with this similar style, also made with ankara! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Unknown said...

great detail in the back

Katie said...

fabulous dress! Love the back. You have great style

oluyemisi said...

I love the whole look. The dress + the hair! I am enjoying your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine.

Abbys-World-Closet said...

Wow, love the dress!! Check out my blog, if you like we can follow each other!!