Friday 24 February 2012

The Rope Belt


I collect a couple of things. When I like something I tend to buy it in different variations. I love vintage Gucci bags, Salvatore Ferragamo Varina's, vintage rope belts & vintage sunglasses. These are items that I always keep an eye out for whenever I go to a second hand market, thrift store, charity shop, flea market or shop online. 


The best thing about rope belts are they can have two functions: the obvious belt and they can be worn as a necklace. I love rope belts, for this reason they are versatile. I have several here and a couple in the states (if my younger sisters haven't raided my closet in the states!) and I can say I'll be keeping them for my future daughter...






What pieces in your closet would you never throw out because you want to give them to your future daughter(s)?
Photographer: Oluwatosin Ogunlesi

I Pod Playing: Jill Scott - 'Blessed'

17 comments:

james said...

honeslty, i want to keep everything for my future daughters! I am a hoarder and its soo bad!

youre pretty freaking amazing, girlfriend. so happy you left a comment on my blog, thanks by the way <3 youre chic and beautiful and im happily following you via twitter <3

keep in touch! love, jamie

Unknown said...

I really like how you can wear this piece in multiple ways...very cool! :)

WildBerrieBunch said...

Love love what you did with the belt. I have something very similar, Im gonna have to try that. :)

Thriftanista in the City said...

Great belt. Looks good as a necklace too. Loves.

7eventh Letter said...

LOVE,LOVE, LOVE how versatile this piece is. Great item!

7eventh Letter
http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com/

Chic Therapy said...

you look lovely!Love the belt

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

AMAZING necklace/belt! The colors are absolutely stunning, my favorites. =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING this look!! And that belt? Yess honeyy!!!


xoxo, CG ♥

Anonymous said...

You look lovely my dear! I am loving that necklace and how you tied the knot in your skirt.

HUMANITYISBEAUTIFUL said...

i loooooove this entire look! the belt is perfection! i have one rope belt (i think) not sure if i gave it away! anyway, love, love, love :)))

Anonymous said...

Very classy look..u are gorgeous
<3

serenamariposa.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nice look AG, this one should be called the superbelt. Why? cuz it can transform from a subtle clark kent to a dashing waist piece!

People will talk though, do you. You is good enough all the time

Nikkisho said...

Its really nice both ways!!! Beautiful.

Ria said...

Love this outfit! Love what you did with the skirt.

Dabby said...

From 2011 I started saving stuffs for my future daughter who I funnily call her name (LOL) They include clutch bags, jewellery and cloths. May God give me life too

Sincerely Mally said...

Love that belt!!

Skinny said...

Loving your necklace and how your skirt gathers- great classic look!!