Tuesday 7 February 2012

SuperNatural- Protein Part II

I haven't done a protein treatment on my hair for about 3 months now, and noticed my hair was shredding a bit, and was very stretchy (remember the hair strand test) so I definitely needed one. However,I did a few things differently now due to my previous results:

1. My scalp was itching a bit after washing out the egg and mayonaise concoction last time, thus I didn't add it to my conditioner this time and did a light wash after washing out the protein treatment.

2. Secondly, I did not add any honey or oils to the egg and mayo as it made the mixture more runny. I the treatment staying in my hair not dripping out.

3. Finally, I washed my scalp with luke-warm/cold and not hot water when washing out the egg+mayo protein treatment to guard against 'cooking' the egg in the concoction.





1. As usual I divided my hair into sections. This time I did three sections to make it easier for myself.


2. I used two shampoos as I find the Creme of Nature strips my hair a bit more and my hair was VERY dirty. So I washed each section once with the Creme of Nature then Once with the Elasta QP Shampoo.


3. I Towel Dried my hair then added the Egg+Mayo Protein Treatment Concoction. And added Cling Film on my hair for about 15 minutes - 20 minutes.



4. I lightly washed out the Protein Treatment with luke-warm/cold water, and lightly washed each section with the Elasta QP Shampoo.

5. I then added the Tresemme Conditioner and I know I shouldn't have used this but when I was living in Barnsley they had NO Black hair shops so I had to settle for this. I would recommend using another conditioning agent such as Cholesterol as that leaves my hair softer. Nonetheless, I already bought it and left it on overnight with Coconut Oil in Cling film and washed it out in the morning, with luke-warm water.


After Washing out the hair I now put my hair into Bantu Knot Twists....but that's for the next SuperNatural Post, coming later this week



 I-Pod Playing: Tank - 'One Man' 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My comment boycott ends nowadays. The reason: Your temendous post. Thanks, you've got liverated me :))