Wednesday 20 June 2012

Mint Condition

I bought this Topshop Eyelet Tunic this winter at Topshop. When I bought it I absolutely loved it. Now i'm thinking I'll get rid of it via Ebay, as it's just okay. Since I'm having to drastically downsize before the end of July, and I know I won't miss it much. I'll be posting items on Ebay under my user name asowho84 throughout the next two weeks. 

When Downsizing, I tend to think to myself, do you really need this? How long has it been since you've worn it, and why did you buy it? You're probably thinking why would you ask yourself why you bought it? I noticed that a lot of items that I get rid of were impulse buys. Items that I saved for, hunted for and dreamed about (yes I dream about certain items when I leave the store) I keep. It's actually a great way to save money and curb your shop-a-holic addiction (if you have one). So next time you go shopping, go to a store try on a dress you like and don't buy it. If you are thinking about that dress at the end of the week then buy it. If you've forgotten about it, and most times you will, you would have probably saved fifty or so pounds. I also notice sometimes I buy things that mimic what I really want and I end up wasting money. In the end, I buy what I really wanted and the money I spent on the 'mimics' could have gone towards the real thing. Try my logic when it comes to shopping TRUST me it works!

However, some things that I find it hard to get rid of are magazines, books, sunglasses, bags, and accessories. But I'll try. 

Blessed for the gift of new beginnings.

Photographer: Maki A.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Luv it

- Kimbunnii - said...

I have a hard time giving up accessories too. Love the color of that tunic on you!

Halie said...

Good knit.
http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

Stéphanie said...

Ok, I don't know where you came from but I'm OBSESSED with your blog! Thanks for the kind comment on my blog! Whats your email? Hit me up pleassseee steph@avintagemuse.com :)