Monday 20 August 2012

Vintage Fair - Edinburgh


I was in London last week Vintage shopping, Visiting family, and Fabric Shopping, and I made sure I was back in Edinburgh Saturday Night so I wouldn't miss Judy's Vintage fair yesterday. My fiance and I had a lovely time as it was my weekend to choose events to go to. I opted to wear a dress and my leopard print ferragamo's as they are hardly worn: simple + classic. 

The Fair was FULL of goodies! I scored left, right and center I was in awe. However, because I am so used to shopping in the States and up North for Vintage I couldn't bring myself to buy certain items. Yes I can be very cheap, esp. when Ebay is always there. I bought two dresses, a skirt, a bag to DIY, a lovely cropped top, a pair of shoes, and jewellery (or jewelry whichever spelling you prefer) for my cousin and I. I did quite well. There are two Shops that stood out the most to me 
Tallula Vintage is definitely a place to stop! Her pieces were AMAZING and reasonably priced. She has beautiful style as well. Gliding around elegantly in a maxi blue blue vintage dress, with a vintage Chanel Belt and Bag, and lovely large turquise ring. I was in awe of her style, and her pieces were a reflection of that, she'll be back in Edinburgh for the next Vintage fair and travels the country frequently for all vintage fairs! SO get your hands on something Tallula if you are an avid Vintage lover. To find out where she'll be stationed next email her: Tallaula's email address
Lady Kitscherner;s Vintage is the place to go for Vintage accessories, their shoe collection, jewellery, vintage stoles, purses + bags, and gloves are to die for! You will not be disappointed by their selection! and luckily for you they have an etsy store. Lady Kitschener's Vintage Emporium 
All in all I had a Marvelous time! However as we were leaving the venue it was pouring rain. I have had another pair of my ferragamo's totally ruined due to being worn in the rain, and I knew I could not walk out in the rain with this particular pair on, so I asked for a bin bag and 'artistically covered my lovely's' Next time I am wearing my old faithful Chanel's (I call them my rain shoes) as I've resoled them and can survive any type of weather!
Great Day, Great Finds Great Vintage!

3 comments:

Tidy-Up Gal said...

LOL! Hey, whatever you wear, wear it well! And that goes for bin bags too, because you're rocking them!

Chic Therapy said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOO at the bin bag wrapped shoes

Unknown said...

you are so funny lol, wow, the bin bag shoes looks so real.
you got style and great fashion taste
http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/