Monday 24 September 2012

Green Paisley

For the second time in almost 2 years I woke up and didn't unravel my twist before going out (the first time was out with my friend Daks last week and I must say I felt self conscience the entire night as this was NOT my usual flawless hair). Yes over the passed couple of years I have been a natural hair snob. I usually make sure I twist my hair every night so my hair will look amazing the next morning. Sometimes I only twist my hair an hour before leaving the house and put loads of hair spray to maintain my curls and blow dry it. However, the latter technique isn't very often, as it can be detrimental to my curls. But I have been becoming very lazy with my hair lately...

I wore my hair out on Saturday evening, and quite frankly I was too lazy to twist my hair before bed. In addition, my satin scarf wasn't anywhere in site thus I used my edge control bonnet and called it a night; even though I knew I might regret it in the morning. As I finished my insanity workout, I got ready for Mass and removed my bonnet when it was dry. Added some moisturizer and fluffed it up a bit and it didn't look half bad! I was shocked, of course there was shrinkage but hey I was not complaining. I wore this simple and casual ensemble to Mass and decided to wear my glasses that I never wear. The world never looked so clearer!
OutFit Details - Blouse: Vintage, Blazer: Vintage M&S, Cropped Slacks + Bag: Zara, Necklace: Topshop, Bracelets: NYC Jewelry Store, Watch: Movado, Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo Leopard Varina's
 My other half loves my Afro, but I am getting tired of it at the moment. I haven't decided if I want to get braids or a short weave....with braids your wardrobe options have to be planned more as with Afro's and weaves anything goes. What do you guys think? Weave or Braids? The beauty of being able to try endless hair styles....Love it!

7 comments:

Ms Modish said...

u look amazing! the fros are definitley my next hair stop. Already growing and cant wait to get to this level : ) xx

Style Chic 360 said...

Braids!! hehe. ;)

I love your fro tho!

Anonymous said...

have you thought of Senegals twist or kinky or curly twist? Maybe more optional for wardrobe than braids but still give you a break.

Sade said...

Love this! Top is gorge! and you talking about my fro?!!

Maali said...

Please Braids, Natural hair and braids suits you more cheers x

Anonymous said...

Afro or else!!!

The Blogger Next Dior said...

I'm getting lazy with my hair also. Being that the weather is getting cooler I'm going to wear it straight for a while. This will be my first time flat ironing it myself. Wish me luck!