Monday 22 October 2012

No Lie



Outfit Details: Asos Sweatshirt Sold Out, Zara Slacks, DIY Mini Spiked Bag, Miu Miu Sneakers, Citizen Watch and Assorted Rings

 So if you don't already know I am a PROUD Howard University Alumni, and I made the stupid mistake of not booking a ticket for this years Homecoming. For the first time in 5 years I was able to go as I have graduated, thus no classes. Not to mention, my High School's reunion landed on the same weekend, yet I was not motivated to go, for whatever reason. I think the truth is, I opted not to go because I want to go home for Thanksgiving. Due to Pharmacy School, I wasn't able to go home for Thanksgiving for the last 5 years.

...Then I regretted not booking a ticket for Homecoming as I saw one of my favorite rappers 2Chainz performed during the Yardfest and brought Drake + Pusha T out....my twitter feeds were blowing up. I cried inside and had to resort to watching the performances on Youtube. Epic fail. My fiance heard me moaning all weekend, I've been playing 2Chainz nonstop ever since. I have to make myself feel better one way or the other. Oh you didn't think I liked 2Chainz? Ha ha you learn something new about Ag ever day! *wink* 

Remember growing up you used to hear all that nonsense about guys not liking girls that listen to rap? That was a bunch of garbage. If you like Rap, Rock, Jazz, or whatever don't ever change because a guy claims he doesn't like girls that do this or that, if they are attracted to you, they'll like you. My Fiance looks at me like the 'Nigerian-American Wonder,' because I can be listening to Wiz Kid and Davido and in a heart switch to listening to Wale, Future, or 2Chainz, then end the night listening to The Foreign Exchange, Dwele or Vivian Green. He loves me, for me.....No Lie.

Photographer: Oluwatosin Ogunlesi

11 comments:

Skinny said...

Lmao yes you liking 2Chainz seems so random to me- anyways iLove your hair!!! You look nice (:

Unknown said...

Funny enough, I had plan on wearing an outfit similar to this one today. I like the green an gold combination! :)

Alexandra Zakharova said...

You look gorgeous! Adorable photoshot,I also like yoru outfit, so comfy and brigh!
have a great time!

Best wishes, Alex
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

KACHY said...

pretty rings! and i like your fro

http://bitemylowerlips.blogspot.com

Tammie S. said...

Love the change in color pallet AG...Simply Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your hair is gorgeous! I love rap (music in general). Haven't given 2chainz a chance but I will since he gets your approval.


www.vievebutterfly.blogspot.com

Chi-Chi said...

love the jumper; it's a shame it's sold out!

www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

Angela said...

like your pants so much!!!
nice shoes!!

Angela Donava
http://www.lookbooks.fr/

Style Chic 360 said...

Love this look, those sneakers are adorable. Congrats on graduating!

Unknown said...

So chic

Chioma said...

I LOVE this!! My fiance doesnt understand my love for 2chainz either girl! He laughs at me and my electic music taste! From FUN to Yo Gotti, i like everything! I love those sneakers! How did i not know you were nigerian american too?? I MUST follow now and you have wonderful style :)

Chioma
www.csevolutionofstyle.com