Thursday 20 December 2012

Birthday Weekend Recap

So my birthday was last week Friday, unfortunately the same day as the Newtown Massacre, in Connecticut. I remember almost not going out because I was so distraught at how a person can not only shoot but not pump bullets into little innocent children. My heart still isn't settled and I believe more now than ever that we can only survive on this earth with the Blessings and Protection from God, because any and everything is possible in this day in age. Things have definitely got to change.

So on Friday I fought the jetlag (although I did doze off a bit in the lounge) and partied with my Ace Dayo and my girl Selena. It was great and loved every second of it. We got cupcakes from CakeLove and the Tapas at Recess are AMAZING! We were stuffed! The Tapas are amazing, unlimited Sangria and the restaurant turns into a lounge later on in the night. 

Saturday night we hit up TheW and went to the Diner in Adam's Morgan. My taste buds were craving to taste a Monte Cristo one of my favorite dishes from my days as a student at Howard. Overall it was a nice and chilled out weekend spent with amazing friends and family, although I did miss my other half during the festivities. Most of you have already seen some of these photos if you follow me on Instagram, and if you aren't already following me what are you waiting for!

I hope your Christmas Shopping is coming to an end. I can't wait for Christmas but I still have soo many errands to run before Christmas in regards to planning. I hope you're having a blessed week. 

I-Pod Playing: 'Pour it Up' - Rihanna

6 comments:

Tammie S. said...

Happy Birthday! I love that turtle neck body con you were rocking! Sooo pretty!

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

lovely pictures dear! Happy birthday!

http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely birthday! Glad you enjoyed despite the devastation that happened on Friday. It was so sad to hear and my deepest condolances to those families who lost an innocent child and to the families of the teachers who also died trying to protect the children. <3

S. Bella said...

aww Happy belated Birthday...I can tell you had a blast.

www.sundaybella.blogspot.com/

simplychic said...

looking fab! despite what took place that day, it looks like you had a good time.

Skinny said...

Errmmm where the heck is my invite? lol