Tuesday 18 December 2012

Smarten Up

Outfit Details: Dress: Zara, Coat: Vintage similar (here), Tights: M&S, Purse: Salvatore Ferragamo similar (here), Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo similar on sale (here)

I have been home in the States for about five days now, and I have LOVED every single minute of it thus far. It feels great to be home, to be shopping at a reasonable price again, and to be around my family and friends. There is always something to do and someone to see in the DMV! I am praying January comes slowly, so I can bask in being home for the moment. I am going to be doing some cake tasting today and tomorrow, I'll be sure instagram the process, and doing some more shopping for the holidays.

I took these photos last week in London, while I was Christmas Shopping, and the weather was ridiculously cold. I have had this coat for almost 7 years. I bought it while I was at Howard but never wore it because I thought it was 'too much' now it is very me. It keeps me warm and there is no need for heavy layering. I am not sure how much I bought this coat for, but being that I bought it back in 2005 or so, I am sure it was close to nothing. This coat is a perfect way to instantly Smarten Up an outfit effortlessly. I hope you're having a blessed week thus far!


12 comments:

Unknown said...

The coat is so lovely. The fur trim, buttons and color makes is so sophisticated!

Awww! Being around family is always the best. Have fun with the cake tasting. Enjoy your stay and shop well!! :)

Tidy-Up Gal said...

Have a blast in the DMV! Cake tasting sounds like fun. I've been thinking about doing that for people who don't like cake but want to have cake at their wedding! I love cake, as you can tell. lol

Style & Poise said...

Fab coat and purse.

7eventh Letter said...

Loving that coat and your hair is cute!!!!

7eventh Letter
www.whatsmoreimportthanfashion.com

S. Bella said...

love it, the coat is perfect.

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

lovely outfit dear!


http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

Sarah said...

I just really, really love that coat. And the rest of the outfit, of course, but that coat is flawless.

Angela said...

great!!
kisses!!

I wanna be fierce said...

Super chic!

-Shakiyla

Unknown said...

Your coat collection is amazing just luv your style to pieces :)

Ms. Mo. Venice said...

Love the look and your hair is beautiful
xx
http://www.benonijohnson.com/

Janelle said...

Another FAB coat!