Tuesday 12 March 2013

A Sequins Fixation

Outfit Details: Reiss 1971 Jacket, My Favorite Zara Skater Dress: YSL pumps, Marks and Spencers tights + a Fendi Bag. 

This sequins Reiss 1971 Jacket is timeless and about 3 years old now. I remember when I first saw this jacket I was in London with a friend visiting as she was a PA to a celeb on tour at the time. I remember helping her arrange so many gorgeous cloths and I spotted this jacket. I thought it was vintage and well out of my league so I saw it and forgot about it.

Fast Forward. About 3 months later, I was reading Elle UK and saw this jacket noticing it wasn't vintage but indeed Reiss. I was so happy until I saw the price tag of £350 or so. I just thought forget it, I am a student!! Fast Forward 4x. During the Christmas sales in January I went to Leeds to browse towards the end of the sale season like I always do and something told me to go into Reiss. I did and saw that infamous jacket for about 70% off at £150. I tried it on, but thought I don't need this. However, when I went home I couldn't stop thinking about it. The following day I went back and bought the jacket and three years later, I still love it like I just bought it yesterday! I am definitely never getting rid of it. Lesson Learned never underestimate the power of a sale! *wink*

What amazing items have you gotten on sale in the past and will never let go of?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love your jacket !! so cute !
i need a dress like that in my wardrobe !!


7eventh Letter said...

I totally see why you have a sequin fixation! This jacket is gorgeous!!! To die for in fact!!! Great choice and way to catch that sale girl!!!


7eventh Letter
www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

Tammie S. said...

Hmmm...I get clothing items on sale all the time but they're not keepers. Now my flat screen...I got that combined with a laptop for less than $2000 on sale and have had it for years.

Ag said...

@Beeba- after buying the dress in grey for full price, I went to eBay and got the black one for almost half the price....check Ebay I am sure someone is selling a similar style

@7eventh Letter- Yes I love sequins a bit too much I have for years now and never see me stopping!!!

@Tammie- WHAT?!? Really I wish, I pray I get a killer deal like that in the near future!!!

Tonka said...

Love the entire ensemble, everything goes well together.

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Beautiful!