Friday 15 March 2013

Become a Better Shopper

Three years into blogging and my spending habits have done a 180 degree turn, I used to buy just to buy and I bought more because it was a bargain than because I really wanted it. I used to never invest in quality shoes and bags. Now that I have started buying better quality shoes (trust me your feet and your outfits will thank you) and I have noticed it's worth the invest. I am that girl that would rather have 20 pairs of fabulous quality and/or designer shoes, than 100's of shoes with poor shape and support. Thus become a better shopper: mix high street, vintage and designer. I don't believe your entire outfit has to be designer, as designer ≠ stylish. 

I don't tend to spend much on my clothing i.e., dresses, blouses, slacks and etc... I honestly do not see the point as shoes, bags, coats and accessories MAKE your outfit. Thus yes I will invest in a nice Coat, bag or shoes, but I won't spend £500 on a dress, as nine times out of ten you can find something similar on the high street, or Vintage (remember there is nothing new under the sun). Here are a couple of ways one can mix designer items and high street items to get an overall stylish look!



Topshop Blouse Cropped Blouse: (here), Tucker Pod Coat (here), Mali Sabatasso Bracelet (here), Kendra Scott Teal Onyx Earrings (here), Aquaazzura Heels (here), Stripped ASOS Skirt (here), and New Look Bag (here). 


Zara Lunch Bag Clutch (here), Jimmy Choo Sandals (here), H&M pants (here), Tory Burch Crochet Top on sale (here), Macy's Earrings (here), Zara Irregular Choker (here), Kenneth Jay Tiger Bracelet (here) and Kenneth Jay hammered linked bracelet (here). 


On another note I am definitely praying for the Spring join me! Have a great + fashionable weekend!

5 comments:

Tonka said...

I agree with you on quality over quantity. My mum gives me the same advise to spend more money on quality accessories rather than clothes.

Bola said...

I really enjoy your posts that introduce me to new online shopping sites :) :). Maybe you should do a post that lists and ranks all these sites...

naijaNmn said...

Good advice!

FASHION TALES said...

I agree, you can definitely find quality goods under a hefty tag. I love these selections, especially the Tucker Pod coat. :)

Tia Lou said...

You're absolutely right! I'm on a quest to become a better shopper as well:)