Friday 19 April 2013

Jazz Wednesdays

On Wednesday night my good friend Stella and I went to see Dwele. Now anyone that knows me knows I am a serious Dwele fan, since his Truth album I discovered while a sophmore at Howard, and a decade later and I am still a die hard fan. There are a couple of artist that I want to see in concert and Dwele is one of them. He played Wednesday, Yesterday and will be playing tonight at the Jazz Cafe in Camden, London. 

Now if I am honest, Dweles' performance didn't live up to my expectations. Before he came out my stomach dropped that's to tell you how much of a fan I am of him. When the show started I was hyped, but it seemed like the back up singer was singing more than he was. During the show, he went on switch to the keyboard then also interacted well with the audience at some points and the band, but I just felt like it was a karoke night at some points. Overall his performance was okay, I am really sad to say this as I am a big Dwele fan, but I will never pay for another Dwele show if he is the only artist performing, not worth my money nor time, I might as well listen to the CD.

In addition, I met him afterwards, and he seemed cool, I assume he has a mellow personality while I am very lively, so I was sure not to be too 'over-dramatic'. I think had I seen Dwele in concert before the likes of: ASA, Floetry, and Eric Roberson I would have found the concert amazing. The Eric Roberson concert in Birmingham about a year ago was amazing he sang more than the backup singer, the band was amazing, he interacted better with the crowd and after the show he was so lovely (or maybe it's my HU alumni Bias).

I am still sad over the Dwele performance. I saw photos from his performance yesterday on Instagram and he was playing the trumpet, and I was thinking, 'he ain't play the trumpet on Wednesday!!' (insert rachet accent here) Which leaves me to believe maybe he is saving all is tricks and energy for the Friday show tonight? No matter the case, I am a big Dwele fan and sad that the performance didn't live up to my expectations but hey, such is life. Next time I won't put so many expectations on the artist. I still wanna see Les Nubians, Musiq, Jill Scott, Foreign Exchance and Talib Kweli in concert one day!!!

Outfit Details: Dress Topshop (OLD), Carven Slingback (Past Season), Fendi Bag (OLD), COS Coat (OLD) and Vintage Accessories get similar (here). 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BeautifuL! so sorry Dwele didn't live up but I love your outfit and your hair looking good girl!!

Sugar Lane said...

lookin gorgeous!!!
new DIY post on my blog,
happy weekend,
s

Unknown said...

You look so pretty and I love your dress.

Tonka said...

Love the ensemble.

Unknown said...

Lovely dress, Eric Roberson at the Jazz cafe was amazing, now that is what you call a performer, shame about Dwele.

Sid said...

Honey, you look amazing! I see someone is ready for their wedding day! Have a great weekend!

Aux Caprices de Flore said...

Love the dress, looks like you had a lot of fun!


www.auxcapricesdeflore.blogspot.com