Tuesday 8 October 2013

Next Step

I have been residing in London for about a year and a half now after graduation and as much as I am not a fan of London. Don't get me wrong I love the fashion and night life; however, I despise: the crowded tubes during rush hour, how the central line seems to always randomly shut down on my way to work, the unruly children and tweens (which is why I avoid taking the bus on school days no matter how beautiful the weather), people are generally rude (we Americans are so much more forthcoming and nicer) and I spend way too much money on Oxford Street. Living 15 mins from Oxford Street is not a good thing...thus my bank account will breathe a sigh of relief!
Yesterday, I went for a walk with my friend to catch up. As she left I realized as much I may not love London like I used to, but I will miss it and I know I will be coming to visit often when I move to Edinburgh finally in a couple of months. I am starting to Love Edinburgh more (now if only they opened an & Other Stories and COS I'd be super happy).

For the moment, I am done with higher education, working on completing my two year milestones before I have kids and my wedding. We may be back in London in a couple of years who knows; however, for now I am happy to be taking this next step... and thankful to God for his many blessings even when I didn't realize some short comings were indeed blessings in disguise. 

Now to start packing....sigh. 

P.s. I have no foundation on in these pics, I just contoured my eyebrows. I was lazy this Sunday before Church.

Now Listening: The Foreign Exchange ft. Shana Tucker and Eric Roberson - 'Better' 

8 comments:

Halima Bepo said...

Awwww everyone is leaving London. The city is just not working for me too. PS you look mighty fly ;)

Amma Mama said...

You are wearing that dress! Absolutely beautiful <3

http://ammamama.wordpress.com/

StyleFash25 said...

The Adire dress is so nicely sewn. Suits you to perfection.

I feel you on the mixed emotions about leaving London. It has that effect on anyone planning to move.

The city doesn't help one put aside some savings at all...LOL but the adrenalin rush from fashion and night life can't be ignored.

www.stylefash25.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Nice dress, which products do you use on your hair?

simplychic said...

that dress is perfection!

BiKe said...

Love this dress on you, so fit and perfect on your body.

Tammie S. said...

What foundation do you use? Your skin is flawless!

Sincerely Mally said...

Cutey

xox
Mally

http://sweetblaqq.blogspot.com/