Friday 31 January 2014

Yellow Bandit

For those of you who don't know I moved out of London a couple of months ago to Edinburgh. The house we bought is beautiful. However, I'm still trying to get accustomed to the size of houses in the UK, in comparison to the States. I have lived in the UK for about 6 years now, but I still miss the amount of space American houses and apartments provide. You can buy a sofa, bed, dinning room table or whatever you want and make it work. In the UK, you constantly have to measure the distance between walls to ensure the furniture you want to purchase, will fit in the desired space. Nonetheless, I am blessed and grateful for our purchase and can't wait to continue decorating.

Speaking of decorating. Why is everything I want so bloody expensive? It seems coffee tables that I like, side tables, even chairs are ridiculously priced. Thank God for sale season in January! We chose the perfect time to move. Also my fiancé has his own taste so we're compromising on a lot of decisions. I tend to like minimal (glass and leather) with a vintage twist (chaise chairs, vintage lamps and trinkets), while he likes modern and wood. I thought that men were supposed to let us do all the decorating! Boy was I wrong. We're taking it slow though, the wedding is coming up, cost are flying through the roof and I like the emptiness of the house a bit at the moment...the space appears bigger.
Outfit Details: Mustard COS Coat (soldout) similar (here) + (here), Zara Black Blouse (soldout), Banana Republic Sloane Cropped Trousers (here), Zara Black Bag (Soldout), Christian Pigalle 85 (sold out) get Nude 100 (here), Topshop Natural Stone Bangle love this (here), ZFSowho Ring (sold out).
In short, I am slowly adjusting to Edinbugh. I like Edinburgh as a whole more than London, besides the constantly dreary + rainy weather and lack of stores that I frequently visit, it's fine. One friend told us over dinner this week, to live in Edinburgh and survive you need to take several (three for her) trips to sunnier climates yearly and register at a Spa. Smart woman! 

Get the look:

9 comments:

Style4Curves said...

congrats on the house purchase! Love this look so chic!

Anonymous said...

Cute fit.I love that bag and your fro is fierce. Congrats on the new house :-)

Unknown said...

Gorge color on you.... love it

Tidy-Up Gal said...

lol! My fiance is also into decorating all of a sudden. I'm like, since when? sigh!Slowing me down mehn!lol

Unknown said...

You look wonderful in the shades of mustard. I absolutely love your fro as well. Goodluck with the house stuff.

Mandi said...

Congrats on your new home

2snapsandatwirl said...

I'm so glad everything is going well with you! These are the times you two will look back on your early years and laugh...take it all in. Hope you do a post of the way you decorated the place soon!

2snapsandatwirl said...

I'm so glad everything is going well with you! These are the times you two will look back on your early years and laugh...take it all in. Hope you do a post of the way you decorated the place soon!

StyleFash25 said...

The colors look so good on you and the nude pumps are lovely.

www.stylefash25.blogspot.com