Wednesday 29 January 2014

Time Out

Happy New Year everyone and hope your year has been fabulous thus far. I took a little break from blogging because I noticed one I wasn't enjoying it any more. I felt I was just doing it to do it. I started out being passionate about blogging then it all of a sudden it became a chore as I wasn't having fun like I used to. I also started to notice we're all doing the same thing and wearing the same clothes. I started looking at my blog and my blogger friends blog and noticed we all have the same format and shop at the stores (nothing wrong with that) but I want to do something a little different every now and then. I like discovering old brands as well as new + exciting brands, that are fresh and/or encompass a story behind them.

I spent time Soul searching. When I sat down with myself and my other half, he asked me what makes me happy? I said, 'I know this sounds superficial but jewellery, looking at nice things, travelling and being content (comfortable)'. I then noticed that moment that one thing that I have never strayed from is my love for jewellery. I love buying it, making it and of course wearing it.

With that being said, I've decided to switch the focus of my blog to accessories (I'll still do outfit post as well don't worry).

The dictionary defines accessories as: a thing which can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive. For fashion, this would mean: Jewellery, shoes, and bags. 

Finally, I'm also planning my wedding. I was supposed to get married last year June but God had bigger and better plans. I have now realized it's not about impressing anyone or having an overthetop wedding. It's about making it our day, having fun and starting the rest of our lives together, with our close friends and family. I'm planning for simplicity, fun + love on my wedding day. I'm cutting my coat according to my size too. I'd rather own my home and drive a nice car than go all out for a wedding and not have a mortgage and be in debt....just saying!

So there you have it. I took some time out to work on me, regroup, re-find my purpose for blogging, and reaccess my future goals by channelling my passions. It feels good to be back and hopefully I'll be giving you a more interesting and better blog.

Happy New Year and the best is yet to come!!!!

~Aghogho 



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back darling. Glad your back
Souls searching is def good for the soul.
I took time of as well and I'm starting to see clearly
On the way and direction I want my blog and yt go.
So yes Gurl for doing you
Can't wait till your back in the swing of things and posts
Good luck 😘😘
Olàyémi AO

Unknown said...

Cool! way to go hun! cant't wait to see what yo have in store. Congrats on the wedding. best wishes.
dressed2dnines.blogspot.com

Tammie S. said...

Good to see you my friend!

Ag said...

@Olayemi - Yes, a break and a letting bit of soul searching is needed! Thank you for the continued support. @Ngozi - thank you I really appreciate it! @Tammie Smith - It's feels good to be back.

StyleFash25 said...

Yipee Ag is back. Missed you plenty. I completely agree with you on simplicity + fun for your wedding. That's the way to go.

www.stylefash25.blogspot.com