Tuesday 3 March 2015

City Rays

The days are starting to get a bit brighter and I know I'm not the only one that is dreaming of Spring, everyday, literally. Lighter coats no more thigh high boots and longer days for BBQ's and night fireworks in Edinburgh. Yes, Spring Couldn't come fast enough.

I decided to pull this Yellow Mustard Coat out of retirement this week. I have not worn it in ages and totally forgot about it until I was doing an Ebay clear out, and found it. That's the problem when you have so many coats (but I'm a firm believer that you can never have too many coats).  I ended up pairing this Mustard coat with a vintage ram rhinestone necklace, bodycon long sleeved Zara dress and my Pigalle Christian Louboutin's. Minimal and chic, you can never go wrong with simple and clean lines in an outfit.
Outfit Details:
Zara Long Sleeved Neoprene Dress get this (here) + (here)
Vintage Pearl + Rhinestone Necklace similar (here)
Mustard Wool COS Coat love this (here)
Mini Salvatore Ferragamo Shoulder Bag (here)
Long Black Vintage Gloves 
Christian Louboutin Pigalle 100's (here) + cheaper version (here)

In the Winter do you buy an excess of knits, boots and winter dresses or are you like me and layer up while investing more so in coats and jackets?

Photographer: Teresa Dickson of Glanceobservecapture 
Now Listening to: The Weekend - 'Earned It' 

2 comments:

Uliane said...

Hi, Zelda!

I'm from Brazil and, after a time searching for a cool blog about african style, I found you. I really loved yours.

I think that many bloggers use the american or european way to dress themselves, I don't think that's wrong, but I mean "where's your culture?". This is a problem with my country too, and it's even more hard to find something really brazilian (I think that I have nothing to inspire me, too much influences in other places).

Anyway, you do an awesome job! I like the way you can be so elegant using the colors, the accessories. And, at the same time, you can be "relax".

I don't know if I expressed myself the way I like, but I loved your site and I will come back!

Xo,

Uliane Tatit
www.viapalermo42.com

Chi-Chi said...

I like this outfit; it feels quite retro chic.....channelling the 60s era

I try to be more of a layering person, as that way a lot of clothes can be utilised as the seasons change


www.lifeofchi.co.uk